Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Spiral Jetty, The Great Salt Lake

I went to visit Robert Smithson's 'Spiral Jetty' with the art history podcast I'm involved with. I've never been there before and was really looking forward to it. We went on the perfect day! It was so beautiful with the clouds making amazing pictures in the sky and the general 'other worldliness' of the Great Salt Lake. It's so still and quiet out there! There are no birds or insects, there wasn't even any wind. If it hadn't been for the abnormally large number of people at the Jetty yesterday evening, it would have been spooky! I got some great images.







In case you decide to make the trek out to the Spiral Jetty, it's about an hour on dirt roads from the Golden Spike National Historical Site...plan for it taking awhile, it's not a quick trip, but SOOO worth it!

*All of the above images were taken by me. Please do not use them without permission, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment